Want to make creative expression part of your spiritual practice?
Anxious to set loose your creative spirit?
Paralyzed by self-doubt or perfectionism?
Experienced but feeling stuck?
Needing fresh insight on a project?
Wondering how to share or sell your writing?
Hire me as your creative companion.
I’ll listen with care and compassion. Ask stimulating, intuitive questions. Offer playful perspective and sometimes a dash of know-how. Encourage, with patience. Explore and catalyze your creative process. Believe in you and the stretch of the journey you’re on.
”Bring forward your expressive self without apology.
What Clients are Saying
”My work in poetry, non-fiction writing, and other creative media is often solitary. Having Phyllis as my companion has helped me listen to my muse in new ways. Her ability to ask meaningful, leading questions helps me grow creatively. I feel “fired up” after our meetings.Annette Langlois Grunseth, Green Bay, WIPoet & Author of Becoming Trans-Parent: One Family’s Journey of Gender Transition
”An hour of face-time with Phyllis is an event to be reckoned with. She is ready to go deep with me in compassion and awareness.Gregory H.M.
”When in the midst of a creative endeavor, I connected with Phyllis. Her insights were very helpful to me. The questions she asked focused my intention and deepened the process. She brings experience, wisdom and compassion, and I highly recommend her as a powerful resource.Andrea BirdArtist/writer
”Phyllis communicates with spare elegance; she has the rare talent for creating potent spaces between words, between thoughts. I am appreciative and admiring of her ability to listen deeply, patiently, with presence. Her deep listening and poetic facility for distilling meaning into simple truths is what I enjoy most. I am always left with a sense of having touched a profound calm.Marie Altman
”Phyllis is the “real deal.” Her respect for and interest in me, along with her ability to ask relevant deep questions, is impressive. In a short period of time, I have learned to consider her a friend—a trusted companion on a shared journey.JR
”Phyllis is gifted with a unique duality. As a creative herself, she can tune into the creative mind and understands that process. But, she is also able to step back and see objectively, and she shares her perspectives in ways that both affirm and nudge the artist.Sallianne HinesAuthor
What’s a companioning session like?
Each session is a casual 55-minute one-on-one conversation held via FaceTime, Facebook Messenger, or Zoom. It revolves around your creative questions, your “stuck points,” your passions, your fears, and your visions.
To ground our discussion, we might read a poem or other short text, listen to a piece of music, or write together in response to a prompt. Then we’ll dive in. We’ll talk straight. We’ll probably laugh a lot. When a word or idea “hits home,” we’ll honor it. Every session will be its own unfolding universe. Have no expectations and it won’t disappoint.
What I’ll ask of you:
Respect my time. Show up promptly. Don’t cancel at the last minute.
Come prepared. Know what issue you want us to explore
Communicate with me clearly and in timely fashion, as needed.
Trust me and the companioning process.
What I’ll do for you:
- I’ll treat you with respect and give you my full attention.
- I’ll help you hear yourself.
- While I may tell you about some aspect of my own creative journey, I’ll always keep your journey front and center.
- I’ll consider everything you say confidential unless you grant me permission to share it.
What I won’t do:
Act as your therapist or counselor.
Assign or assess your work.
Serve as a critic or an editor.
“Lesson-plan” in advance or be “on call” outside of sessions.
The Fine Print
- $100 per 55-minute session, $375 for four 55-minute sessions.
- Use the buttons above to purchase either a single session or a set of four.
- Pay via PayPal or credit/debit card.
- If you wish to pay by check, please contact me.
- Please include your contact information when prompted and I’ll contact you to arrange a convenient time for us to meet.
- Upon receiving payment, I’ll contact you to schedule your session(s).
- I try to avoid evening and weekend sessions, if possible.
- Please be aware that I’m on Central (Chicago) Time.
- Any purchased session(s) must be used within 12 months after payment.
- Refunds (less administrative fees) are available only in emergencies.
- You may cancel a session 24 hours or more in advance and reschedule it at no charge.
- Sessions cancelled within the last 24-hour window can’t be rescheduled or refunded.
- I reserve the right to end a session or a companioning relationship at any time.
Questions? Please email me.